Last modified: September 15, 2014
There are many different ways you can use our site and services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Texting Base account, we can often make those site and services even better – to show you more relevant search results and advertisements, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our site and services, we want you to be clear on how we are using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these “key terms” first. Your privacy matters to Texting Base so whether you are new to Texting Base or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us at your specific site “contact list”.
Information we collect
We receive data whenever you interact with our site under the Texting Base, Inc. umbrella. We collect information to provide better site and services to all of our users – from figuring out basic information such as gender, to more specific information such as the advertisements you like the best or the people who matter most to you online or in your phone. We also gather information on specific items such as a client’s anniversary in order to target specific messages to that client.
We collect information in two main ways:
• Information you give us. Our site and services require you to sign up for a Texting Base or any of the affiliates accounts. When you do, we will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card number. Some of our site may give you the option of creating publicly visible profiles. All information you input or upload into the site is data we can use to operate the site appropriately.
• Information we get from your use of our site and services. We may collect information about the site and services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising site and services or you view and interact with our advertisements and content. This information includes:
Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Texting Base may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Texting Base Account.
Log In information. When you use our site and services or view content provided by Texting Base, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Internet protocol (IP address)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Texting Base Account.
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Location information. When you use a location-enabled Texting Base service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cellular towers in order to facilitate an applications use.
Unique application numbers. Certain site and services include a specific and unique application number. This number and other information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Texting Base when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our site and services to provide, maintain, grow, develop and protect the Texting Base website and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and advertisements and not promote our various products and services within the network of website owned by Texting Base, Inc. If other users already have your email address, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Texting Base Profile information, such as your name/photo/avatar.
When you contact Texting Base, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you may be facing. We may use your phone number for texts or email address to inform you about our site and services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our site and services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we will be able to have our site and services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored advertisements, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Texting Base site and services – for example to make it easier to share content with your contacts. We will not combine DoubleClick cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
Texting Base processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. It is possible your personal information may be hosted on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
Review and control certain types of information tied to your Texting Base Account by using your personal information section.
Control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our site and services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of our site and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences. It is not our responsibility to manage your permissions within your client side technology.
Information you share
Many of our site and services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexed by search engines, including Texting Base. Our site and services may or may not provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content. Each site has different functionalities.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You are responsible for updating your personal information. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. That verification will be sent to an email account you have added when setting up your account so we can help protect your privacy.
We may reject requests at our discretion in regards to accessing, requesting or deletion of data. We aim to maintain our site and services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our site and services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Texting Base, our Texting Base partners and companies unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Texting Base when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
• With domain administrators. If your Texting Base Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Texting Base application users or your company sets you up with a Texting Base account) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Texting Base Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
Change your account password.
Suspend or terminate your account access.
Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
use your information to market clients, customers or prospects for goods or services
Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Texting Base if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Texting Base, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
We work hard to protect Texting Base and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We encrypt many of our site and services using SSL security.
We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to Texting Base employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.